Catton, Berkley
3$950,000
Trades
ANA
  1. Bonk, Oliver
  2. Frost, Morgan
  3. Konecny, Travis
Additional Details:
An overpayment for sure but with TK likely asking for too rich of a contract and Michkov coming over early I think it's imperative they solve their issues down the middle ASAP
PHI
  1. Ekblad, Aaron
Additional Details:
Philly tries to make a swing on upside
FLA
  1. Sanheim, Travis
Additional Details:
Florida goes for a cost controlled player who should save them some money in the long run
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,500,000$79,404,762$245,000$12,500$8,095,238
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,200,000$6,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
$2,625,000$2,625,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Catton, Berkley
$950,000$950,000
$1,600,000$1,600,000
RW
RFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,375,000$2,375,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,275,000$3,275,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
RFA
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,450,000$1,450,000
G
RFA - 2
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$12,500$12K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW, C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 14 at 11:54 a.m.
Lol
2 of the dumbes trades ive ever seen
PhilEMyers liked this.
May 14 at 11:59 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
You know, it's funny you think it's an overpay, because we don't think it's even close to going through. Offloading TK so you don't have to deal with his next contract that you're already not going to sign, and then the payment for the difference is a much lesser version of Zegras and a diminutive winger.

By the time TK is a UFA he'll be going into his age 29 season, we won't need his 8th year option for holding his rights, if we want to take a run at him, we have the money to do it as a UFA. The other pieces are of no interest to us.

So if you want Zegras, the main piece needs to be a young, top 6 RW with size. Signs point to Foerster as the basis for that trade, or we just keep Zegras, we're very happy to do so.
May 14 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: DumbHockeyTrades
2 of the dumbes trades ive ever seen

**** off and make your own team if you've got such great ideas
Chasebrown44 liked this.
May 14 at 12:01 p.m.
Summary Writer
No chance Florida does that. It is an underpay fro Zegras honestly. I didn't mean to say overpay if you saw my original comment
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 14 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
You know, it's funny you think it's an overpay, because we don't think it's even close to going through. Offloading TK so you don't have to deal with his next contract that you're already not going to sign, and then the payment for the difference is a much lesser version of Zegras and a diminutive winger.

By the time TK is a UFA he'll be going into his age 29 season, we won't need his 8th year option for holding his rights, if we want to take a run at him, we have the money to do it as a UFA. The other pieces are of no interest to us.

So if you want Zegras, the main piece needs to be a young, top 6 RW with size. Signs point to Foerster as the basis for that trade, or we just keep Zegras, we're very happy to do so.

I mean, the package is a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's, a top-10 drafted RHD prospect in the league and a (as of today) 25 year old 40-50 point Center with solid defensive results. I can understand if Anaheim just flatly won't trade him, but this is a better package than even Eichel got
May 14 at 12:03 p.m.
Lol
Quoting: DH28Hockey
**** off and make your own team if you've got such great ideas

Sanheim for Ekblad is badddd but TK, Bonk AND Frost frost for Zegras....+ Michkov isnt here yet
Farabee liked this.
May 14 at 12:04 p.m.
Lol

thats an overpay lmao, Zegras isnt god
May 14 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: Timmins_Is_Eating_Tims
No chance Florida does that. It is an underpay fro Zegras honestly. I didn't mean to say overpay if you saw my original comment

I've seen Florida fans trade him for significantly less. Ekblad has a lot of injury concerns and is due for a pretty big raise.

As far as Zegras goes, I'm really not sure I agree. This is a better package altogether than Buffalo got for a better player in Eichel
May 14 at 12:18 p.m.
Sanheim for Ekblad is badddd but TK, Bonk AND Frost frost for Zegras....+ Michkov isnt here yet

How insightful that a player I signed from the reserve list isn't on the team yet
May 14 at 12:26 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I mean, the package is a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's, a top-10 drafted RHD prospect in the league and a (as of today) 25 year old 40-50 point Center with solid defensive results. I can understand if Anaheim just flatly won't trade him, but this is a better package than even Eichel got

Once again, an utter failure to appreciate the value of term. Konecny isn't "a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's," he's a rental. Two Junes from now, we could offer him a reasonable deal and Konecny could decide to take the very same compensation somewhere else because he'd prefer to play for that team, and we'd have nothing but one season of him. Bonk is indeed a nice prospect and I've accepted him in other Flyer offers for Zegras, but Frost seems an odd inclusion if you're trying to "solve [Philly's] issues down the middle." (By the way, Anaheim's plan is to use Zegras at LW from now on, deploying him in the center only when required by injury.)

thats an overpay lmao, Zegras isnt god

Our ask is Foerster and the Philly first, not Foerster in place of Frost in the offer presented here.
May 14 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Once again, an utter failure to appreciate the value of term. Konecny isn't "a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's," he's a rental. Two Junes from now, we could offer him a reasonable deal and Konecny could decide to take the very same compensation somewhere else because he'd prefer to play for that team, and we'd have nothing but one season of him. Bonk is indeed a nice prospect and I've accepted him in other Flyer offers for Zegras, but Frost seems an odd inclusion if you're trying to "solve [Philly's] issues down the middle." (By the way, Anaheim's plan is to use Zegras at LW from now on, deploying him in the center only when required by injury.)

Our ask is Foerster and the Philly first, not Foerster in place of Frost in the offer presented here.

Agree and disagree with parts of this.

I didn't include it in the trade so it's fair for you to assume otherwise, but I feel like it'd be implied that some sort of an extension would be in place for a trade like this. Saying he " isn't a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's" isn't accurate, he flat out is. You're right to say that 1 season of him isn't worth it at all, but in this scenario I'd think he'd be a long term piece. On the flip side, I don't really agree with the idea that "we can just sign him in FA if we want him". Everybody always says this, then guys like that seldom to never make it to free agency.

As far as the Frost part goes, there's 2 parts to it:

1) For whatever reason, he is Tortorella's least favorite player on the team. I really don't know why

2) The whole point is to specifically get the best Center possible for the hypothetical scenario of Michkov arriving, and Zegras would be an upgrade over Frost

This next part is speculation but something I think a lot of Flyers fans have thought for awhile now: it may be beneficial for the Frost to move to LW anyways, even though he's proven he can play well down the middle. I could see him in theory performing a similar function to Zegras on a team long term.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 14 at 12:58 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Saying he "isn't a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's" isn't accurate, he flat out is.

A truly excellent, well-reasoned, well-expressed and well-explained reply to my response; for brevity, I've omitted the stuff that's 100% sound and thus doesn't require further comment.

By my statement that "Konecny isn't 'a top-20 RW in the league in his 20's,' he's a rental," I meant that the principal characterization of him should recognize his contract status instead of his quality, just as when discussing Mitch Marner, his rental status and AAV dwarf the importance of his on-ice performance. You are absolutely correct in factually noting that Konecny is one of the top-20 RWs in the league and I don't dispute his talent at all.
DH28Hockey liked this.
May 14 at 1:23 p.m.
I

I think the issue is that you’re looking at value in a vacuum, but not necessarily fitting value to the team.

It’s absolutely a stretch to think ANA is in a playoff spot next year, so an unrestricted free agent is just not a desirable piece for a trade where a core young asset gets moved. That makes Konecny a no

Bonk is a totally fine start. That said I’m not sure his past season really cemented his value where you would’ve hoped for his D+1. The fit is good at least though

Frost is an undersized center, which really doesn’t fit Verbeek/Cronin’s vision for the team. On top of that, he’s used almost exclusively on offense. With Leo and McT, you would want the 3C in ANA to be a defense-first center to take on d responsibilities that he’s just not a fit for

Ultimately, I think a Zegras return that might actually get Verbeek to think would be something like Foerster and ‘24 PHI 1st. Otherwise, I’d totally just gladly keep Zegras
OldNYIfan and GiggywithGibby liked this.
May 15 at 7:11 a.m.

Where do you get your intel? All indications point to TK resigning in Philly…very possibly an extension this summer.

Right now TK is the better player. Hen’s produced at a 0.95 point per game pace over his last 2 years. Zegras (throwing out last year which wasn’t good) was at .81 over his last 2 seasons. TK is also one of the best PK forwards in the league and wears an “A”.

Zegras missed 50 games last year and is now the 3rd best center in the organization, maybe 4th with the addition of Cutter.

And Zegras currently listed at 6’0” and 185lbs…..Frost is listed at 6’0” and 193….

There is a reason trade speculation has been surrounding Zegras’ name…and nobody is giving up the package you think he’s worth. That would be utterly insane and would eventually lead to Brierre’s firing if he made a deal like that.
May 15 at 9:58 a.m.
Lol
Quoting: OldNYIfan

its good to see you showing ur bias at least
May 15 at 11:59 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: pj007
Where do you get your intel? All indications point to TK resigning in Philly…very possibly an extension this summer.

Right now TK is the better player. Hen’s produced at a 0.95 point per game pace over his last 2 years. Zegras (throwing out last year which wasn’t good) was at .81 over his last 2 seasons. TK is also one of the best PK forwards in the league and wears an “A”.

Zegras missed 50 games last year and is now the 3rd best center in the organization, maybe 4th with the addition of Cutter.

And Zegras currently listed at 6’0” and 185lbs…..Frost is listed at 6’0” and 193….

There is a reason trade speculation has been surrounding Zegras’ name…and nobody is giving up the package you think he’s worth. That would be utterly insane and would eventually lead to Brierre’s firing if he made a deal like that.

TK is in his prime, Zegras is still developing, the fact that the gap is as close as it is when factoring Zegras freshman and sophomore numbers shows hell put up as good or better points as TK through his prime. Then there's the fact that Zegras is younger and fits our core better, and there's the fact that no coach or GM has ever complained about having too many centers, you move them to the wing, and then you've got options if someone gets tossed from the dot. Don't believe me, go look at hockey reference, Anaheim has less than 5 wingers, the rest are centers.

Bonk is the undersized one, may have gotten the mixed up.

All of the media speculation revolves around the contract dispute and trading Drysdale. We're going to hear the same **** next season with McTavish' new contract, and the year after that with Leo. Verbeek is old school when it comes to contract extensions, he doesn't do 8 year deals off ELCs as has become popular.

If Verbeek doesn't get an offer he likes, Zegras stays in Anaheim, only reason Drysdale was traded was there was a player Verbeek coveted and tried to get in the 22 draft on the table. Bonk, Frost, and a rental aren't coveted pieces.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll